Hosted exchange email is an email solution hosted on a Microsoft Exchange email server. To really get to grips with what this type of email solution is, we need to break it down and explain each element. Once we’ve done that, we’ll take a look at the benefits of hosted exchange email for business. Because it really is a very powerful solution.
What is hosted email?
Hosted email is email that’s hosted on the server of an email provider. Previously, if your organisation wanted its own email solution, it would have to install, operate and run its own email servers on the premise. Hosted email however allows you to virtually rent server space from an email service provider, so you don’t have the responsibility, risk or expense of running the server yourself.
What is Exchange email hosting?
Exchange email hosting was developed by Microsoft as an alternative to POP3 and IMAP email. Whilst all three email types are basically just different ways for users to download and read emails, Exchange email has the edge because it allows for improved integration of other useful productivity tools, such as shared calendars and contacts. This makes it possible for every user to share and sync contacts as well as tasks and diaries, right across the organisation. All the additional data is stored on a central Exchange server, so everyone can access it at any time via their email client. IMAP and POP3 are simply email platforms, with no additional cohesive functionality.
What are the benefits of hosted Exchange email?
Hosted Exchange email provides a reliable and powerful email platform, perfect for those organisations that lack the resources, knowledge or desire to run their own email servers.
Here are just some of the key benefits of Exchange email hosting:
- No technical knowledge required – renting server space in a host’s datacentre means you won’t need to worry about the technical aspects of running your own email servers.
- Cost effective – hosted exchange email is a great option for smaller businesses, with no need for expensive investment in on-premise email servers, but all the benefits of a reliable and scalable service.
- Own domain email – a professional email address using your brand’s domain name, rather than a generic address such as @gmail.com.
- Anytime, anyplace email – access your calendars, shared contacts and tasks from any device, wherever you are. Perfect for the remote workforce that needs to co-ordinate with colleagues wherever they’re working from.
- Advanced features – hosted exchange email comes with features such as antivirus and antispam, email forwarding, autoresponders, email backup and archive and mailbox rules.
Microsoft Exchange with Office 365 from PC Docs
Office 365 from Microsoft includes Exchange email together with offline and online versions of the full Microsoft Office suite incorporating Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook and more. It provides the ideal solution for any business looking to get started with hosted exchange email with the added benefit of providing a complete collaboration and productivity package.
At PC Docs, we offer a comprehensive range of email solutions that include business class features and can be accessed from any device, complete with 24/7 expert support.
To learn more, you are welcome to get in touch with our friendly team.